Sunday, August 16, 2009

First Day of School!

We survived the first day of school last Tuesday, and we made it the rest of the week as well! Neal Thomas saw all of the trucks in his classroom, and he was excited to get his hands on them! "So long, Mom!" He would not even sit still in my lap for a picture!! His teachers say he loves playing with the other kids...they sit in the floor and check each other out--touching faces and laughing! Many of his classmates have not been to school either so the kids are the best "new toys!" Kelley is doing a great job dropping him off every morning, and I rush to get him in the afternoon...NTM and I are really glad to see each other! I have gotten some of the sweetest and LONGEST hugs ever!! Everyone is so sweet at Valley View...he is loved there already!!
NTM's first ride in Daddy's truck! Thanks, Beverly, for the extra car seat!!!


Exploring the toys...looking to make sure Kelley is watching him! So sweet!



Making friends! Neal Thomas is really good at making friends where-ever we go!




Fighting with me to get back to the toy shelf! I was glad NTM was excited to explore his new classroom, but I could have used a hug...I was feeling more apprehensive than he was!!

Neal Thomas' teacher, Mrs. Tracie!! They are "buddies" already! She was excited to hear that NTM likes to cuddle...she said that he would be her "snug-bug" this year!!

Some pictures from Kelley's birthday party last month...

We had several of Kelley's friends from high school and their wives for dinner to celebrate Kelley's 30th birthday! A few of the couples had to cancel at the last minute, so we had SO much food. But, even though we missed them, we had a really good time!! It was great to catch up!!

Obviously I love my husband more than Alabama Football! This cake was so good!!! We stopped taking pictures after dinner becuase the blue icing turned our mouths blue! I should not have been surprised...how many little mouths have I seen change color after having cupcakes at school?!?!? But, we were all surprised. It was worth it...the cake was delicious!!

No comments: